Big house with 2 boilers

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hey I have a job to do soon on a big house that has 2 boilers in at the moment one is a combination boiler which is unvented. The other is an vented boiler. Is it possible these 2 boilers work together or would you of thought the house has two seperate heating systems?

Sponsored Links
If you link the 2 together then either you will be filling the system with the filling loop until you realise water is ****ing out the overflow from the F&E tank, or the combi will be running at a low pressure determined by the static head supplied by the F&E tank. It could work but depends on what the min pressure required to run the combi is. (remove filling loop too :LOL: )

HTH Sam

Sponsored Links
ok thanks I need to have the system drained for a few days. Is it ok just to tiy the ball cock off the header tank up. Or would it be better to turn the mains off for 10mintues and cut a service valve in and turn this off?

Depends what system your working on. I always cap cold main to F&E if it's an overnight thing, don't fancy the ballvalve letting go at silly O clock and me tucked up in bed :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back