Biker jailed - gives Joe opportunity to vent his spleen!

If they were women going shopping, my one trip would be going in the exact opposite direction, funnily enough. :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Did you not notice my use of the abbreviation.....etc.............. :confused:
Of course I saw it. That's why I pointed out the error in your answer.

Take A............................................5 miles
Come back .....................................5 miles
Take B, bring back A........................10miles
Take C, bring back B........................10 miles
Take D, bring back C........................10 miles
Go back to get D and come back......10 miles
Your scenario, which I fully understood without you having to write it all out, only ever places two people at the destination. This is why it's no different to taking only two people, and that result in a total of 50 miles.

If you make enough trips so that four people are at the destination all together, then it results in a total of 70 miles.

He's right you know...!
I wasn't you know, 'cos I didn't notice the "and back".

The correct total is 70 miles.
Agreed. I misread the "and back" as relating to the trip distance. However, given that we'd have left them doing whatever it was and gone off for a blat, it would probably be far in excess of 70 miles by the time that they were brought back to the start :).

Sponsored Links
Mebbee the first one, but then not stopping - a pillion does wonders for rear grip on those wet high-speed corners. ;)

ok and the point is what, never mind joe he's a puppet.

positioning?

you dont see that except the poor police positioning :LOL:

oh and dont use the word Biker, if you dont mind, that was a thrill seeking rocket pilot out for a jolly dont call him a Biker.

I didnt see any 'poor police positioning' ;)

About 55 seconds in - he takes a blind corner on the wrong side of the road...

No: he moved over to the wrong side, in order to see round the bend earlier than he would by staying on the left.

If you notice, it's done in such a way that would enable him to move back in if something was coming the other way, without being a danger. If nothing is coming, the radius of the line he is taking is greater, which means he can toe it faster around the bend.

It's called Advanced Driving...if you ever get the opportunity to go out on a jolly with a Class One driver, do so. Listen to the running commentary, he will be talking about things he's seeing and taking into account that you wouldn't be seeing in a month of Sundays.

No: he moved over to the wrong side, in order to see round the bend earlier than he would by staying on the left.

If you notice, it's done in such a way that would enable him to move back in if something was coming the other way, without being a danger. If nothing is coming, the radius of the line he is taking is greater, which means he can toe it faster around the bend.

It's called Advanced Driving...if you ever get the opportunity to go out on a jolly with a Class One driver, do so. Listen to the running commentary, he will be talking about things he's seeing and taking into account that you wouldn't be seeing in a month of Sundays.

Can't agree with that - It may be the perspective given by the provida system (i.e. the driver might be able to see over the hedge) but from the camera's view he clearly takes the racing line around the right hand bend around which he cannot see - true he gets a further view around the following left hander but it does not alter the fact he takes the right hander blind. It may be because he is fairly close to the bike at that point and sees it is able to take this line through the bend the driver takes a calculated risk that the road ahead is clear...

If you look carefully, you can see the entire length of the short stretch from that short right hander to the next left bend, even allowing for the hedge on the right.

Good call I would say, set him up on the right line for the next left hander, minimum risk to oncoming. Meantime, the biker's positioning was pants...

Maybe some of our serving and ex plod posters would like to comment?

If you look carefully, you can see the entire length of the short stretch from that short right hander to the next left bend, even allowing for the hedge on the right.

Good call I would say, set him up on the right line for the next left hander, minimum risk to oncoming. Meantime, the biker's positioning was pants...

Maybe some of our serving and ex plod posters would like to comment?

Totally agree with everything Shytalkz has said. His driving skills in that situation where pretty much perfect.

What you have to remember is, the motorcyclist is mainly concentrating on his route and where he is going to go. The officer is watching the road, the driver, and every other possible hazard, making it that little bit harder

See Snic, I did take note on my plod safe rider course (and IAM days out with plod) :):).

I was blown away by the running commentary one class one driver did in a demo run: he was seeing and talking about stuff that I hadn't - and I was just a passenger in the car with nothing else to concentrate on. The plod on my Safe Bike course were also brilliant, wanging around corners far faster than I would have dared do if I'd not been behind him to see how fast I could take it - and no hanging off the seat, knee down, anything like that. Just smooth and progressive.

I've passed IAM bike and car and got RoSPA Silver for the car, so I like to think I'm a bit better with my observation and road use than a lot of drivers, but the plod drivers/riders made me feel like a complete novice. Awesome.

Seriously folks, if you ever get a chance for a jolly in a jam sandwich, it's well worth doing. You might also gain a bit more faith in them actually knowing what they are doing at those speeds.

Can I claim my tenner now Snico ;)

See Snic, I did take note on my plod safe rider course (and IAM days out with plod) :):).

I was blown away by the running commentary one class one driver did in a demo run: he was seeing and talking about stuff that I hadn't - and I was just a passenger in the car with nothing else to concentrate on. The plod on my Safe Bike course were also brilliant, wanging around corners far faster than I would have dared do if I'd not been behind him to see how fast I could take it - and no hanging off the seat, knee down, anything like that. Just smooth and progressive.

I've passed IAM bike and car and got RoSPA Silver for the car, so I like to think I'm a bit better with my observation and road use than a lot of drivers, but the plod drivers/riders made me feel like a complete novice. Awesome.

Seriously folks, if you ever get a chance for a jolly in a jam sandwich, it's well worth doing. You might also gain a bit more faith in them actually knowing what they are doing at those speeds.

Can I claim my tenner now Snico ;)

I think everyone should be made to take some sort of advanced driving/riding course. The amount you learn is incredible. I honestly thought I was an excellent driver. After taking numerous advanced driving courses and training to become pursuit trained....looking back I was mr average on the roads

Sponsored Links
Back