Biker jailed - gives Joe opportunity to vent his spleen!

The thing is, you never stop learning, really. About the only thing I think is outdated is the continued use of push and pull, invented in the days when steering didn't self-centre, but other than that, the Roadcraft way is pretty good - and does makes you extend your vision and thought processes way up in front and behind, whereas too many people seem to drive as if they are not looking beyond the end of their bonnet. And they probably aren't.

I would love the opportunity to be a passenger in a patrol car whilst it's being driven in a proper pursuit. Not of a biker though, that would be too close to home... ;)

How many driving courses do you have to pass to get to Class 1 level?

Sponsored Links
Whilst advanced driving is great (and a necessity) for those who can legally break the speed limit in the pursuance of their job, I'd question its usefulness if you drive legally i.e. within the speed limits in this country.

Gives you a better chance of getting away from plod, silly boy :).

Anyhow, RoSPA and IAM advanced driving courses are nothing to do with pursuit driving, just better observation and road skills, enabling you to make better progress (wholly within the speed limits of course ;)) and hopefully be a better driver as a result; hence the reason a lot of insurers give a discount if you have either of those qualifications.

You should try it, it might open your eyes a tad as to how much you can improve your driving standards (and then throw it all away by behaving like a complete loon when you get on a sports bike :LOL:)

Sponsored Links
Back