Bindweed and big old tree

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone, got a big old tree, about three times the size of our house (the street was designed around the trees) which is partially within our boundary. The field next to the tree has a bit of an issue with bindweed, which the housing association that owns the field seems reluctant to do anything about. While clearing up the bindweed that had crept it's way onto our land, I decided it might be a good idea to try and tackle the bindweed on the tree. I'm wondering, if I cut the bindweed at the bottom, seperating it from the roots going into the soil, and keep it from getting back to the soil, will the bindweed die off, or is it not that simple? Thanks :D .

Sponsored Links
Yep, really is that simple. The only downside is the top stuff will die and look bad, but unlike ivy, bindweed will fall apart within a year or so.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back