BioMass Install

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am thinking about having a BioMass Pellet boiler installed in my renovation project. I am at very early stages so just looking at options at the moment.

I am struggling to find any install cost ideas online. Nearly all sites are saying 10 - 15k is that right????? Been to the Home Building show at the weekend and talked to several manufactures and the boiler I need is about the £6k mark.

I will be installing UFH myself so only really looking at getting the boiler installed and connected also a sealed HWS

Has anyone here had Biomass installed? For a rough cost guide.

I understand without seeing the job etc. But all the jobs I find online really point to this massive price.

Sponsored Links
Yep, £12-15k is about right, the boiler itself might only be £6k but all the bits that are needed to make it work and the installation time soon add up. Think of it as being like buying a car - you don't look at the purchase price of the engine then wonder why the price of the car is considerably more than the cost of the engine, do you? Same principle here - by just looking at the price of the boiler, you're judging the cost of the installation based on the price of its engine. I bet the flue isn't included in the boiler cost, and that can be as much as £150 a metre supply only, plus brackets, elbows etc

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back