Bird flu panic

petewood said:
HGPgal said:
The notion of an animal virus ‘jumping’ the species barrier is possible indeed.

No-one here mentioned the word 'evolve'. If the virus jumps to humans what's the point in discussing which is the correct word to use?

I thought that all life evolved from pond-scum anyway, including penguins and politicians?

Apparently you're not the only one who thought that way...

If we began as slime balls, we have no one to answer to but ourselves, thus the insidious nature of a god-less beginning.

‘If a person doesn’t think there is a God to be accountable to, …then what’s the point of trying to modify your behaviour to keep it within acceptable ranges? That’s how I thought anyway. I always believed the theory of evolution as truth, that we all just came from the slime. When we died… that was it, there is nothing…’
--Jeffrey Dahmer, in an interview with Stone Phillips, Dateline NBC, Nov. 29, 1994.

Sponsored Links
HGPgal said:
petewood said:
HGPgal said:
The notion of an animal virus ‘jumping’ the species barrier is possible indeed.

No-one here mentioned the word 'evolve'. If the virus jumps to humans what's the point in discussing which is the correct word to use?

I thought that all life evolved from pond-scum anyway, including penguins and politicians?

Apparently you're not the only one who thought that way...

I thought most people think this way.

If we began as slime balls, we have no one to answer to but ourselves, thus the insidious nature of a god-less beginning.

I agree, we do have no-one to answer to but ourselves and others. I would say though that religion is more insidious than godlessness.

If a person doesn’t think there is a God to be accountable to, …then what’s the point of trying to modify your behaviour to keep it within acceptable ranges? That’s how I thought anyway. I always believed the theory of evolution as truth, that we all just came from the slime. When we died… that was it, there is nothing…’
--Jeffrey Dahmer, in an interview with Stone Phillips, Dateline NBC, Nov. 29, 1994.

This quote is from a lunatic, our behaviour is governed by the fact that we are social animals. As we grow we develop a conscience which can sometimes be twisted by exposure to religion (Spanish Inquisition, KKK etc.)

I'm proud of my pond-life slimeball ancestry and some of my best friends are amoeba. :D :D

Sponsored Links
Back