bit of a problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
did a job the other day a boiler change with the apprentice
the apprentice cut through a wire i am not part p
so i rang manager to get me a sparky but he said they could only get one the day after
the customer was going barmy as she said her alarm had power to it and it never had done before
basically i put the boss on the phone to her and was was kicking off so on the bosses advice he told me to rejoin the wire and he was telling me to do other various things like disconect wires to alrm but i didnt
just connected the wire which was cot i thought better to connect it than leave it bare she
basically her brother(cutomers)is a sparky gone barmy and is on to health and safety i used wrong connector block
went in to the office to write a report with the supervisor
he writ it rough the asked me and apperntice to sign blank piece of paper i think he is going to change the wording to screw me and mget boss and company off the hook any advice and what could happen to me thanks

Sponsored Links
modern mobile phones have a great document photography feature, mine does nayway. I take my own rrrs covering copy of all important documents. Had you done this you could have proved what you signed.

Easy to be wise after the event.

Your next question may well be about unfair dismisal legislation.

Sorry to inform you but you got yourself into this mess. You need to have a little man in your head (I cal mine a conscience) which instructs you ahead of these scenarios not to get involved. try searching for yours and living by his rules.

mine came into play only yesterday. Customer said to me "you are 2hrs late" "no I am not" "they told me you would be finished by 5 it's now 5.30 and you've just arrived" "they lied to you".

If your company is going to lie or do anything else imoral don't reinforce it. job is not worth having if that is how they treat you.

just felt pressured in to doing the repair your right stupidity got me in to this and i should have looked after number 1
but surely the boss is in for some aggro if he gave me duff advice
suppose that will get covered up though
the paper i signed was not a legally binding document just a bit of paper
would it affect my gas in any way as it was electrical suppose if i go self corgi then i need reference of my last gaffer
left myself wide open

Sponsored Links
don't worry mate it's not corgis remit. In court you assert you felt pressurised by your boss over the phone and the customer screaming at you to get the heating on into using inapropriate connector "temporarily" until your bosses "electrician" could get out to the job in a few days.

if boss sacks you see an unfair dismisal lawyer and take him for every penny you can.

In all jobs pressure is put on us to do wrong things be it lying to clients or working outside our skill level. We have to be strong and not allow them to bully us into these situations.

it's hard but the more of us who won't take part in lying etc the easier it will be for us.

When i was a desptach rider the office staff lied to customers all the time, I turned up and told the truth. The office called me in and told me off. I said "I'm not going to lie for you" They learned i meant it and stopped lying to customers I turned up to.

It's that easy. If you do a good job they can tolerate your odd moral behaviour. If they can't tolerate you you don't belong there.

We often get asked to do things we shouldnt do, but i always tell them no.
Bosses brother in law instructed me to work on a commercial boiler in front of 20 people,i told him i wouldnt.
He then said that all 60 tenants would have no heating or hot water.
I just replied "not my problem ,i aint losing my corgi for you or anyone else,get someone qualified"
Never asked me to do anything else dodgy since and knows better now.

you do not need part p to repair a damaged cable, your repair if they claim is not to spec just say it was temp to keep the supply. till the electrician could get there. things do happen in this line of work although your supervisor sounds an ar sole for insisting you do some thing you were not competent with. insist you see the statement on the blank form prior to it being made public. or you will issue a retraction due to being put under duress.

the joke of it is if the brother is a qualified electrician (IF) then why the bl**dy hell did he not repair it 2 minute job,take longer to make a fuss about the connection than repair. my advise to you don't worry. I wouldn't

thanks for all the advice things are ok now outcome ok thank god
a harsh lesson to learn but wiser for it

Sponsored Links
Back