Bitcoin twits scammed

Reaction score
Country
Cook Islands
https://www.ft.com/content/9c0b6da0...egmentId=3d08be62-315f-7330-5bbd-af33dc531acb

"Twitter experienced an unprecedented hack on Wednesday when bitcoin scammers sent a series of tweets from the official accounts of Apple, Uber, Joe Biden, Elon Musk and hundreds of others, reaping more than $100,000 and raising security questions for the social media platform.

Appearing across multiple accounts in a matter of minutes, the various tweets promised users the account holders would double donations from anyone who sent funds to a bitcoin address.

According to Blockchain.com, more than $100,000 was received at that address about an hour after the first hack, which appears to have tricked at least 313 users."

Sponsored Links
Looks like an inside job. Employees can truly be dumb when it comes to scams.

I acknowledge its easy to mistakenly click on a professional looking link which is a scam, but to reply to a blatant Twitter posting "Give me $1000 and I'll give you $2000 back"........sorry, but no sympathy here....Duh! :eek::eek:

Sponsored Links
I acknowledge its easy to mistakenly click on a professional looking link which is a scam, but to reply to a blatant Twitter posting "Give me $1000 and I'll give you $2000 back"........sorry, but no sympathy here....Duh! :eek::eek:

I "think" it was donations to charity which make it all the more vile for the scammers.

Back