Theresa May aborts planned vote on Brexit deal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Country
Cook Islands
"Theresa May has aborted a planned vote on her Brexit deal on Tuesday - according to several sources close to cabinet ministers - in a humiliating setback for a prime minister who was facing a heavy defeat in the House of Commons.

Downing St said at 11.15am that the vote was going ahead "as planned" but shortly afterwards the prime minister told her cabinet on a conference call it would be postponed, according to officials briefed on the matter. Number 10 has so far declined to comment."

https://www.ft.com/content/9c59a204...egmentId=3d08be62-315f-7330-5bbd-af33dc531acb

It is rumoured that Britain is beginning to face reality.

Sponsored Links
If this is confirmed I wonder what the quitters will do?
Because as I have mentioned (and hoped) for some time, Mayhem may well be playing a blinder!

I have a feeling that we won't see vaste swathes of them marching on London due to one of the following:

1. Inability to travel without a zimmer frame.
2. Inability to travel due to the cost to an average non retired quitter.
3. Inability to travel due to being unable to work out where London is.
4. Unwillingness to travel to remainer HQ and risk hearing 'foreign lingos'.

Because as I have mentioned (and hoped) for some time, Mayhem may well be playing a blinder!

I have a feeling that we won't see vaste swathes of them marching on London due to one of the following:

Top form today Lal.

No need Lal,,May goes,we appoint PM who delivers hard brexit.Simple enough for even you to fathom.

Sponsored Links
No need Lal,,May goes,we appoint PM who delivers hard brexit.Simple enough for even you to fathom.

No need, dum.

The ref said leave, so whatever terms we agree after resigning have nothing to do with the ref. Parliament can agree whatever it wants and the Leavers will be happy because they WON!

You remember the Supremacy of Parliament, don't you?

No need, dum.

The ref said leave, so whatever terms we agree after resigning have nothing to do with the ref. Parliament can agree whatever it wants and the Leavers will be happy because they WON![/QUOTE
See above Jonny boy

No need, dum.

The ref said leave, so whatever terms we agree after resigning have nothing to do with the ref. Parliament can agree whatever it wants and the Leavers will be happy because they WON!

You remember the Supremacy of Parliament, don't you?
What a sausage.

May defers planned vote on Brexit after admitting it would be rejected

"Theresa May has announced that she has "deferred" a planned vote on her Brexit deal on Tuesday, after admitting it "would be rejected by a significant margin”.

In a statement to the House of Commons, the UK prime minister told MPs that she has listened to their concerns and intends to travel to Brussels to seek "additional reassurances" from the EU."

May defers planned vote on Brexit after admitting it would be rejected

"Theresa May has announced that she has "deferred" a planned vote on her Brexit deal on Tuesday, after admitting it "would be rejected by a significant margin”.

In a statement to the House of Commons, the UK prime minister told MPs that she has listened to their concerns and intends to travel to Brussels to seek "additional reassurances" from the EU."
May Will go..enter hard brexit PM...sorted

What a sausage.

You certainly are, if you thought that the referendum you voted in defined the terms of the UK's leaving, or its subsequent relationship wit the EU.

Who did you assume would decide those points?

Game back on! :)

An invitation for those in parliament who want a second referendum to make their intentions known!

Quitters (if they actually understood the rhetoric) of course will by now have spat out their dummies...

But over the next days/weeks/months they will need to be reminded about one thing...

This is UK 'parliamentary democracy' in action, and apparently what quitters were so desperate to 'get back' :LOL:

I think TM could say if the deal isnt going to get enough votes, then she could offer a 2nd referendum to vote on the deal or remain.

After all if the vote goes against her deal, there would be much point putting it as an option on a referendum.

If she does that Labour wont get a look in.

After all if the vote goes against her deal, there would be much point putting it as an option on a referendum.
After all if the vote goes against her deal, there would not be much point putting it as an option on a referendum?

Parliament.

possibly under Prime Minister Gove

PobGove1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back