bitumen paint or synthaprufe

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have just had an oversite done on a conservatory and the bricklayer has used bitumen paint instead of synthaprufe, this bitumen paint does not appear to be drying and the floor is now waiting to have the screed done, will this paint dry and how long should it take, I do have a radiator on in the room and also an electric fan heater, but the toxic fumes are quite bad drifting into the house
bald eagle

Sponsored Links
Well without knowing what he has used I would think that if it was Bitumen paint it would have dried within 48hrs. Synthaprufe is a high quality one part Epoxy material. He may have used a similar quality stuff and that is why it is taking so long to go off.

I`m only guessing mind but ordinary bitumen paint doesn`t normally have noxious smells..

Alex

Doesn't bitumen paint have a strong smell of err ...... bitumen?

It should skin in 48 hours, but it would depend on who made it and what it is. May take longer if ventilation is insufficient

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back