Bitumen problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have just purchased a large tin of Bitumen but not sure whether it is the right stuff to use for waterproofing the floor of my bathroom, it is made by Marley Waterproofing, there is nothing on the back to say you can use in bathrooms, it does say it protects the following Metal railings and gates, bases of wooden garden posts, drainpipes and drainage channels. i purchases from B&Q where the assistant said it would be fine, but i just want to make sure before i use it. If it is not the right one could someone please recommend which Bitumen i need and where i can get it from. many thanks

Sponsored Links
max - why do you need to waterproof your bathroom floor?

i purchases from B&Q where the assistant said it would be fine

They will say whatever they need to in order to get you to buy the stuff. A large proportion of them know nothing about what they are selling anyway.

Sponsored Links
i had to waterproof it as there is no damp proof whatsoever (bathroom downstairs).

I took the Bitumen back to B&Q and took a trip up to Jewsons who sorted me out.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back