Bizarre Indesit Problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have an Indesit washing machine; probably about 4 years old. When I load it with clothes it washes and spins fine. However, when the programme gets to the final fast-spin, it makes a loud knocking noise, almost like a rattle.

It only does this when there are clothes in it. When I spin it by hand, it doesnt make this noise, but I dont know if thats just because I cant spin it fast enough.

Last night I put it through a standard wash and it made the noise during the fast-spin before the final rinse and spin. It did not make the noise during the final spin like it normally does.

From reading other posts, I would think this is the bearings. Can anyone offer their opinion on it all? Any help is greatly appreciated.

If it is the bearings, how difficult is this to fix myself?

Thanks in advance for your help.

fish

Sponsored Links
if you re read the posts when spinning by hand it will make a noise, as yours doesnt i would suggest it is a coin trapped in between the drums.

I do not know indesits does yours have a filter and if so where is it?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back