Indesit WG1034T Washing Machine - knocking Sound

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have a Indesit WG1034T Washing Machine. Until now, we have had absolutely no problems. It is quite old, around 9 years I believe. Please don't say buy a new one, as we would like this fixed if it is a small problem. It would save us a few bob. :)

When the machine is spinning, like a normal spin it makes a knocking sound, the faster it spins, the faster the noise gets.

When it is spinning really fast (super spin), the noise is not heard.

It makes the knocking sound with and without clothes loaded.

I do not have a clue as to what could be wrong, please could anybody advise me further on what to do, regarding parts, fitting..etc.

Thank you.

Jas

Sponsored Links
The damper [little shock absorber like a car has] are worn out, may eventually destroy any concrete weight it has, but at 9 years old not worth fixing.

The damper [little shock absorber like a car has] are worn out, may eventually destroy any concrete weight it has, but at 9 years old not worth fixing.

This problem, literally started today. How can I check where this is located? How can I replace it? Is it a expensive part?

I just want to get through Christmas.

Thank you for your post foxhole.

They are mounted either side at bottom and connect at base and bottom of drum housing, they will probably last till xmas as they are , mine rattled on for over a year, [2 washes a day 5 days a week].

Sponsored Links
They are mounted either side at bottom and connect at base and bottom of drum housing, they will probably last till xmas as they are , mine rattled on for over a year, [2 washes a day 5 days a week].

Thank you for your reply.

Can these dampers be replaced? If so, would you know where to get them? (I will do a search for them later).

Also, are these the only cause for the knocking sound? Can there be other possibilities?

Thanks again

They are the most likely cause, they prevent the drum bashing against the side of the machine and can be replaced.

They are the most likely cause, they prevent the drum bashing against the side of the machine and can be replaced.

Thank you for your help foxhole. I'll be opening the machine on saturday to have a look inside.

Question, if you have any experiance in replacing them, what exactly will I be looking at, what will determine that its faulty and needs replacing?

I'll let you and other members here know how I get on.

Thanks.

Well I opened the machine, top and back panels were fairly easy to remove.

I couldn't find anything wrong with the block on the top, the spider at the back of the drum wasn't broken.

I couldn't find a way to get to the bottom weight, apart from reaching with my hand, nothing seemed loose.

I must be honest, that I don't know what I am doing here and some guidance would be helpful.

its still making that noise.

I don't want to have to pay somebody to look at the machine, that is a last resort if I can't fix it myself.

Thanks

tip the machine back and look and the suspension nut, 2 of them one at 9 oclock 1 at 3 oclock at the base of mc is the cabinet cracked / split at the bolts :?:

just wondering, as you only here it on spin, i wonder if its a coin / object between inner and outer drums knocking , probably a 10 p coin.

easiest way is to get it out via the pump connection, but i dont know that brand

breezer, rocks1 I shall check tommorow morning. Infact if I can, I'll take some pictures and post them here.

this is really getting to me. lol.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back