Black and Decker Plane repair

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My BD 713 plane has a very sick sounding bearing. It's the one on the end of the armature which seems to be held in place in the outer housing by a tooth belt drive cog. To get at the bearing, for which BD sell replacements, I need to remove the cog but can't see how. Is it a hub puller job or is the armature shaft threaded to accept the cog. Any advice please or pointers to where it exists?

Sponsored Links
Had a mooch on an expanded parts list and it looks like it just pulls off but don't quote me though!

Thanks SirC.I couldn't see any real clues in the exploded drawing I could find but if you're right I'm going to have to find someone with a very small bearing puller. I don't have exact measurements to hand and the machine is currently assembled and sort of running thanks to bathing the bearing in WD40. However I guess the pulley is around 10mm dia with a 2mm flange and the central hole is no more than 4mm dia. Too big for a cycle chain link separator and much to small for the one bearing puller I own.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back