Black Composite front door faded

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi our black composite front door has faded we had a bird pop on it so I used cleaning wipes to clean the door and its caused the door to lose its shine/fade in the areas I've wiped

Any idea how to get the shine back?

IMG_20161008_082545.jpg

IMG_20161008_082550.jpg

Sponsored Links
Is that down to the grey primer? I think that's going to need respraying but whether you can find anyone that sprays on site is another question otherwise it's a new door and frame unfortunately

Edit. I remember DH Frames posting some pics here a while ago of a shop front being sprayed blue, maybe he'll see this post and offer a suggestion?

Is that down to the grey primer? I think that's going to need respraying but whether you can find anyone that sprays on site is another question otherwise it's a new door and frame unfortunately

Edit. I remember DH Frames posting some pics here a while ago of a shop front being sprayed blue, maybe he'll see this post and offer a suggestion?
A new front door :( all I've done is wipe it:cry:. It's not down to the grey it's still black but lost its shine

Google
Plastic Surgeons Fine Finishers

Kolorseal is another one

Sponsored Links
What type of cleaning wipes did you use as a matter of interest ? I've never seen a comp door do that before, looks like its taken all the laquer off

What type of cleaning wipes did you use as a matter of interest ? I've never seen a comp door do that before, looks like its taken all the laquer off
Just dettol antibacterial wipes. There's a few doors where we live that have gone like ours as well where people must have wiped there doors.

Do you know what make the door is? It may say on the edge of the door somewhere.
I would want to ask the manufacturer before doing anything.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back