1. Visiting from the US? Why not try DIYnot.US instead? Click here to continue to DIYnot.US.
    Dismiss Notice

Painting a PVC Composite Door

Discussion in 'Windows and Doors' started by mstizomad, 27 Feb 2017.

1. mstizomad

mstizomad

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Hi,

We have a glass fibre / PVC skinned composite door. It's a couple of years old now and has been through a lot on our very messy building site and so it needs some touching up on the outside.

The outside is black and we wish to repaint it black again to make it look like new.

I know that you can paint composite doors and i saw a professional doing so a few years ago.

However what process / paints should i use??

I am thinking:

- Clean door thoroughly, maybe with a special wipe
    - White / grey Primer undercoat that will bond to this doors surface - Aerosol sprayed
    - 2 or 3 thin coats of gloss black paint - Aerosol sprayed

How does this sound?

Cheers

2. Sponsored Links
  3. Cheungo

Cheungo

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Hi

I was wondering whether your method worked for your composite door.

My door was installed about 8 years ago. ..and it's been bashed quite a bit by builders. .and needs an uplift.

Thanks

4. DIYnot Local

DIYnot Local

United Kingdom

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local