Black dots - Damp - Mold on the bathroom ceiling corner.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I am possibly looking at something scary and am very disturbed. Yesterday morning I noticed, a few small black dots on the bathroom ceiling in the extreme corner. This is the on the side that faces the outside garden. Today morning I noticed a small scanty black patch in addition to the black dots. This corner is shared by another bedroom which, so far, looks clean.

What do I do ? I am hoping it can be resolved ....Could the gutters be needing a cleanup or it is more than that ?

Please advise.

regards
Sat

Sponsored Links
In a bathroom probably mould caused by condensation caused in turn by a lack of ventilation and unless there is something obviously wrong with the roof above you should explore rectifying the condensation issue before you assume it is a roof leak problem.

It will likely clean off quite well with a bleach and water solution.

Got a photo?

The timing of this observation coincides with the wet weather for the last few days and hence the double scare.

Condensation - > How to resolve that ?

Ventilation could be improved by opening the window ? Do I need to keep the bathroom cold / warm ?

This is directly above bathtub.. Could the hot water bath in the tub cause this problem ?

- Sat

Sponsored Links
This happens all the time so close to Halloween. It's the evil mould devil. I suggest getting an exorcist in. Leave a holy bible on the bog lid. Usually works. Good luck :mrgreen:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back