Black Friday. Are you falling for it?

I did rather well the first year the idea appeared in the UK especially on a rather expensive camera lens. All off Amazon. Can't say I have seen anything tempting since - anywhere but suppose it depends on what people are looking for. Amazon now seems to include some of the retailers that use them.
The USA approach. Walmart sold a Nikon camera kit a few years ago. Medium priced slr and 2 lenses. A kit they had sold at a higher price. Walmart had one of the lenses changed to a much cheaper model. Anyone keep will at some point ditch it and buy the dearer one. ;) It all sounds like our Jan sales used to be and may still be. Advertise a higher price when not much is sold anyway then cut for January or get cheap stuff in for Jan. These days usual price is what they dream up,

Not knocking Amazon though. Happened yet again. I want a well known brand power tool, not one of the cheapies. Amazon match the lowest price I can find. Screwfix etc ~15% dearer. May have no local stock too but haven't checked. Ebay - can be rather mixed.

Sponsored Links
Sod it, I’ve just ordered it online for £66.50. Mrs Mottie has to go near the store tomorrow to get a present for her niece so she’s taking the one back that she bought and getting her £95 back. For £28.50 it’s worth it in my book!
Mrs Mottie has just bought me another shirt from Gant. 30% off. I bought her some earrings - 20% off. I’m not doing too bad this year for a change!

Sponsored Links
£66.50 for a shirt, does it come with a suit?

After I started work I needed some 'clothes' for going clubbing at the weekend.
For £66 I got a 3-piece suit, shirt, tie, socks and pair of 'platforms'.
Took me 12 months to pay it off mind. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Not knocking Amazon though. Happened yet again. I want a well known brand power tool, not one of the cheapies. Amazon match the lowest price I can find. Screwfix etc ~15% dearer. May have no local stock too but haven't checked. Ebay - can be rather mixed.

Amazon is an evil company, it is destroying everything. It produces so much plastic junk that it has to dispose of much of it that will not sell. It has wiped out shops and high streets. Pay a few quid more and go to your local shop.

Amazon is an evil company, it is destroying everything. It produces so much plastic junk that it has to dispose of much of it that will not sell. It has wiped out shops and high streets. Pay a few quid more and go to your local shop.
Seem to be more expensive nowadays too, every tool bought over the last 2 years iv'e found better prices elsewhere such as FFX who also offer free next day delivery including Sundays, i used to spend thousands on Amazon, not anymore.

After I started work I needed some 'clothes' for going clubbing at the weekend.
For £66 I got a 3-piece suit, shirt, tie, socks and pair of 'platforms'.
Took me 12 months to pay it off mind. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
For my first suit, I had a Provident cheque for £10, which I paid off at 10/- a week.

The only local shop I could use is screwfix or toostation. General mailorder has kncoked a lot of local shops out as have diy superstores. Variations on superstores and supermarkets have knocked loads out.

I don't think they are any worse than a number of corporations. Some of their cheap stuff is ok as well.

I have used FXX as they often offer the best price but on this item Amazon is ~£4 cheaper and more convenient in some ways as well.

I decided to buy something else off Amazon as well. My espresso machine broke some months ago. Missing it. I may be able to repair it but currently have a space problem while our garage is sorted out. I'm part there, shelves in to be loaded up, electrics to do, I decided to buy new. If I can fix and service the old one properly I'll sell it. Amazon saved me ~£100 or so.

Got a laptop from Amazon which was a cracking price and IFC over 6 months.

Not a BF deal but I got a WiFi repeater half price.

And two mattresses for the price of one plus a further 5% discount.

Most of the shops in gunwhard quays were running an extra 20-30% discount on top of sale prices. My OH got a pair of hunter wellies for £18 down from over £100.

Most of the shops in gunwhard quays were running an extra 20-30% discount on top of sale prices. My OH got a pair of hunter wellies for £18 down from over £100.
;) There isn't a registered stockist within 15 miles of there.

Sponsored Links
Back