blacking out car windows

big-all said:
i know they probably give you the creeps like they give me but why not ask at your local police station :oops:
think thats probably gonna be the best thing. will go speak to them sometime this week.

Spoke to a mate who does MOT's and he says its only the windscreen and 2 front side windows that i must be able to see thru. back windows can be blocked

Sponsored Links
simon_d
the whole point in you going "dogging " is for guys to see in an watch ;)

eva thaught if taking the windows out, and replacing the glass with a steel pannel... perfect black out....

Its NOT an MOT failure to black out any of the rear windows in any car BTW.

MasterAbacus said:
eva thaught if taking the windows out, and replacing the glass with a steel pannel... perfect black out....

Its NOT an MOT failure to black out any of the rear windows in any car BTW.

had thought of that, but went with the window tint idea. its all done now

Sponsored Links
crafty1289 said:
Cars have no reason NOT to have rear windows, so they have them, and therefore they must be useable within the law.
Which law would that be, exactly?

So when I fill my estate car to the gills, and can't see anything in the rear view mirror (except toolboxes), you believe that I'm breaking the law? If so, then which law?

Softus said:
crafty1289 said:
Cars have no reason NOT to have rear windows, so they have them, and therefore they must be useable within the law.
Which law would that be, exactly?

So when I fill my estate car to the gills, and can't see anything in the rear view mirror (except toolboxes), you believe that I'm breaking the law? If so, then which law?

unsecured load? :LOL: (turn to hard and they might break a window and fall out...)

and just because they have windows doesnt mean its unlawful not to use them. if it is, then my car has a top speed of 110MPH. does that mean its unlawful to keep it at 70MPH max?

simon_d said:
unsecured load? :LOL: (turn to hard and they might break a window and fall out...)
Nope. Try again.

and just because they have windows doesnt mean its unlawful not to use them. if it is, then my car has a top speed of 110MPH. does that mean its unlawful to keep it at 70MPH max?
You seem to want to be flippant about my post - I actually had a serious point to make. :rolleyes:

Softus said:
You seem to want to be flippant about my post - I actually had a serious point to make. :rolleyes:

no, was mostly at crafty's post. he said if windows are there they must be used. so if my car can go to 110 then i must go to that speed....

Keyplayer,you are dead right,I am new to this particular forum,and find the huge amount of tripe and wrong information that is posted quite annoying.
Why do people have to post unhelpful stuff?If you don't know the answer to a query,keep out.I've noticed also,sarcasm is all some can offer.

yes2mud said:
Keyplayer,you are dead right,I am new to this particular forum,and find the huge amount of tripe and wrong information that is posted quite annoying.
Why do people have to post unhelpful stuff?If you don't know the answer to a query,keep out.I've noticed also,sarcasm is all some can offer.
sarcasm is warranted in some posts. :rolleyes:

The law here in the UK is that you can have any darkness of tint on the bspoke windows and back (as mentioned vans dont have glass either) the only window that the law covers is minimum 70% Visible light transmittance on the fron drivers and passenger side windows and nothing on the front windscreen (apart from up to 6" at the top as a sun strip). Imm not sure of the various laws inother countries but Im not aware of any laws stopping the application of any darkness of film on the rear windows

Forgot to mention - with regard to removing the film, although its not temorary its not too difficult to remove, however the only problem is the rear window, if this has the rear window heaters on there then you are unable to use a scraper and it can be a bot of a nightmare. We have a special window film removing solution that we use but it can still be difficult. Theres some info on the UK law - - - - - - - - -

Right I am going to add my two pennys worth here.

A former work colleague of mine had a car with tints on all the windows tinted, subsequently he got pulled by the cops who tested the amount of light his windows let through. However, they where only interested in the windscreen and windows in the front doors, they told him the windows behind the driver where exempt and he ended up having the tints removed from the front windows only. Plus the car passed it's MOT like this too!

Sponsored Links
Back