BLACKSPUR TOOLS

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have to ask ...........who knows who actually makes these tools. Tried googling but no joy. :(

I can remember buying a Blackspur pipe cutter yrs ago that fell to pieces after cutting a few pipes. :LOL: Never buy them again, not even sandpaper which is probably poor.

They even have the cheek to use Makita colours on their tools too! :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
probably the same people that make silverline tools. there a pile of ****e too

Blackspur stuff is pants.

I bought (years ago :oops: ) a Blackspur tile cutter, it was rubbish.

Somebody asked me the other day why don't we see white dog poo littering the streets, it is because at night it is gathered up and taken to the Blackspur factory and made into tools. :cool:

surely it's just a brand name? they don't have a factory, they just buy cheap tools and get the manufacturer to stick their name on it. I'm sure Silverline and Draper do the same, although Draper also extend to the medium-quality ranges for some of their stuff.

there are a few cases where even a cheap tool will do the job, but not many.

there's a market for cheap rubbish, and these companies make a living out of it.

Sponsored Links
am-tec and jak are another two, It wouldn't supprise me if they were all made in the same factory. although I have to say , of the silverline tools I own I've found them ok.

I have to say that draper "expert" tools have served me well over the years but rothenberger, bahco, crescent, bosch and halfords professional are all good'uns imho.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back