blade removal from table saw

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am struggling to remove the blade from my table saw. Just can't seem to undo the nut. I thought it would be left hand thread?

Sponsored Links
Have you tried giving the spanner it a sharp tap?
Have you also got the blade against a piece of wood to hold it firm.

Have done all of those things. I have changed it in the past but for some reason this time it just will not free up

It can be either L/H or R/H thread; you should be able to tell by looking at the end of the arbour thread poking out through the centre of the blade. It may just be tight I do the same as Diyisfun; to lock the blade I do turn the saw upside down & push the blade teeth into the top of a lump of soft wood. Using a well fitting spanner, a few sharp whacks with a hammer will usually shift it but they can be stubborn; make sure you establish which hand thread it is first though!

Sponsored Links
Finally shifted it! Copious amounts of WD40 and a bit of bad language works wonders! Thanks for your suggestions.

Finally shifted it! Copious amounts of WD40 and a bit of bad language works wonders! Thanks for your suggestions.
It was the magic incantations that did it, works for me every time :LOL:

Bit late seeing as you have got it off but often trying to tighten the nut first works, seems to break any "bond" that has formed, works well on most fittings and screws too.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back