Table saw blade

Reaction score
Country
United States
I have 10” table saw, can I replace with 12” blade?

Sponsored Links
???? no its a 10" saw ???
you may get away with a 16th or 2mm difference
what are you aiming to do ??

That's adding an inch all round the existing blade, and it may well foul somewhere, more often on the blade guard.

That's adding an inch all round the existing blade, and it may well foul somewhere, more often on the blade guard.
to be honest if a 12" fits its a 12" saw
there will be many points around the arc off the blade where the blade wont fit including the table slot and the extraction duct moulding underneath set up for a ten inch blade wont accommodate a twelve inch
the riving knife and blade gaurd will be set up with an arc or radius for designed blade

Sponsored Links
I know, there's a lot more to consider than just fitting a larger blade. Even if it fits, then the motor may not have enough torque when cutting hard woods

I have 10” table saw, can I replace with 12” blade?

If it was sold as such then no. If it has a riving knife it'll only accept a 12" blade on the arbor if this is removed which then means it won't be as safe and probably then won't be able to take the blade guard.

Not to mention your motor may be well under powered. Most motors are as small as possible anyway to keep cost down for the manufacturer so it's just going to struggle more so with a bigger heavier blade and a deeper cut when ripping timber.

You can fit one with some messing about with it, removing guard mounts, riving knife, adding in your own clearance plate, these points aside but these points are in my mind, exactly why you wouldn't want to.

to be honest if a 12" fits its a 12" saw
there will be many points around the arc off the blade where the blade wont fit including the table slot and the extraction duct moulding underneath set up for a ten inch blade wont accommodate a twelve inch
the riving knife and blade gaurd will be set up with an arc or radius for designed blade

If it's a euro style contractor saw. Cabinet saws and panel saws don't often have the blade shroud but it's a fair point. If it does have one it's likely to be too small.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back