Blanking off knockouts on Consumer Unit

Sponsored Links
if you look for "form C" washers, they have a relatively large external diameter, so useful on sheet metal and soft wood.

Ordinary washers are "form A" and rather small, just enough for an ordinary screw head or nut. If you buy them by the hundred there is not much price difference.
Interesting, I hadn't thought about this so I've checked. form A to F range from 37 to 39mm.

The other solution I have used when a lower profile is needed, or when I've been desperate is a 20mm washer sandwiched between a pair of 25mm, all held together with a M4 bolt and nut

Besa box lids (When they used to be flat) are also good for blanking off holes off up to 50mm in panels, i used to pop rivet them on

Besa box lids (When they used to be flat) are also good for blanking off holes off up to 50mm in panels, i used to pop rivet them on
Indeed very versatile and not dependent on the size of the hole but always looks tacky IMO. Glad to see you use pop rivets, I usually find them secured with self drill big heads which often hold the remnants of scraped off insulation.

Sponsored Links
Indeed very versatile and not dependent on the size of the hole but always looks tacky IMO. Glad to see you use pop rivets, I usually find them secured with self drill big heads which often hold the remnants of scraped off insulation.
And lumps of knuckles.

I didn't mean to say otherwise. The :rolleyes: was for regs like that - one thing for something newly installed but which can be ignored thereafter.
If it were a work of fiction, then there'd be people complaining that it just wasn't credible.

OK - sorry, I misunderstood.

But yes, it is pretty bonkers.

421.1.201   Within domestic (household) premises, consumer units and similar switchgear assemblies shall
comply with BS EN 61439-3 and shall:
(i) have their enclosure manufactured from non-combustible material, or​

Blanking plugs inserted after manufacture do not change the nature of how it was manufactured.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back