bleeding air from system

mjd

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am sure I can hear air in the CH/HW system at the pump on start up, after a time it does diminish but not go completly. I have tried bleeding all the air vents and rad's also the pump but all I get out is water.
does anyone have any ideas on what might be causing this, how to bleed the air from the system?
Thanks
Mike

Sponsored Links
Sorry I thought I had given you all you need to know.

Have changed or added nothing.

It is loudest approx 5 sec after boiler start up (time taken for water to travel from boiler to pump?)

Noise goes after a couple of minutes.

boiler is an infamous Baxi Barcelona that still has times when it only works in 15 sec batches but most of the time it's ok.

thanks

Mike

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the advice regarding the boiler and yes I have all the threads on the boiler but at the moment a boiler change is not an option plus if you ask what to get to replace it with all you get told is, anything is better that that!!!! any suggestions????
Back to my original question how can you get rid of the air in the system if you cannot bleed it out of the many vents provided? or are you saying the air is caused by the boiler?

Mike

Mike! apart from bleeding radiators and pump, I found with the system stopped and a radiator removed I could run off water from each radiator valve in turn that would allow any trapped air in the circulating pipes to escape. But will removing the 'air' solve your problem. I suggest you search and read the posting by johnhump 11 Aug 2004 and the comments by ChrisR
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

No prob's Kev I feel the same as you regarding the boiler :LOL:

MANDATE

Thanks for info will find thread and read

Mike

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back