Bleeding airlock problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have an airlock in the CH feed to the conservatory (wasn't a problem when we filled it for the first time, but is now after draining the system.) The pipes run at loft floor level (above the kitchen ceiling ) in copper and then change to plastic and loop up and over to run down inside the cavity wall to emerge at floor level in the conservatory. The airlock is plainly at the top of the plastic loop(s).
1. Do I have to fit a bleed valve at the top of the plastic loop (more difficult) or can I get away with teeing in a vertical length of copper from the horizontal run of copper as long as it rises higher than the plastic loop (much easier)?

2. Either way, will I have to do the flow, return or both?

Thanks in anticipation.

Sponsored Links
Steth said:
The pipes run ...down inside the cavity wall
Definitely not a good idea to run pipes in the cavity wall. What if the pipes freeze, leak or burst? I suggest you have a rethink of the run.

Sorry, I should have been clearer - the cavity is no longer an external wall. It was, but is now the wall between the kitchen and conservatory. It just seemed neater than having the pipes running down the wall visible. Any ideas on the airlock problem?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back