Bleeding/pressure drop

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Had a gurgling problem in an upstairs radiator. Radiator hot at bottom but a lot coller at the top. Turned boiler off and bled all radiators starting with the problem one.
I only opened the valve about half a turn - lots of hissing followed by a few drops and then closed the valve, as one should!
However, a couple of the other upstairs radiators release some air but no water expelled, even after a minutes or so and opening the valve a few more turns.
Downstairs radiators are not a problem it seems. What surprises me is that no water came out after the air hissed out of rads. System is only 2 years old.
Returned to boiler and fired up but pressure guage remains between 0 - 0.5bar and only goes to nearly 1.0 bar if the hot water tap is turned on.
The boiler is a BAXI COMBI 105E.
Gurgling upstairs rad now hot throughout and no gurgles.
Any pearls of wisdom greatly appreciated. The cheques banked and the guarantee out of time Kev!

Sponsored Links
Pressurise using filling loop to about 1.2 bar, continue to bleed all rads, re-filling as necessary, the pressure when all rads are bled should be about 1.2 bar. Turn it on, all should be OK.

Thanks artful, thanks kev. I've found the loop but not 100% sure about doing it but,here we go!

Sponsored Links
It worked, cheers guys. Makes me feel really competent, but on a scale of 0-100 I guess I'm a 1!![/img]

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back