Bleeding radiators!(in 2 senses of the word!)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
All our radiators seem to have bleed valves at the bottom rather than the top - this doesn't seem right to me at all! Any ideas please? Cheers v much.

Sponsored Links
What does the bleed valves look like ? Is it flush or sticking out and when you say on the bottom where about is it?

They actually look like they've been added on to the rads, rather than made as part of them, if that makes sense. They're like a small (prob inch to 2 inches) chrome-type tube down near the pipe on the bottom left corner. The key fits in the top of the tube & opens the valve at the bottom. Thanks.

Air rises so bleed valves can only function if they are at the top, I would think what you have is a drain valve.
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
We were convinced it was the drain valve at first but we already know where that is & we've used it! Too confusing - I knew it didn't sound right to have a bottom bleed valve but this is what we've been assured it is! thanks anyway.

Make life a lot easier by having drain valve on bottom of radiator,no more wet floor!

Teej said:
We were convinced it was the drain valve at first but we already know where that is & we've used it! Too confusing - I knew it didn't sound right to have a bottom bleed valve but this is what we've been assured it is! thanks anyway.

Mandates is right no way the bleed point will be at the bottom

could it be that you may have TWO drain off points??

there WILL be a bleed point at the top of the rad some where maybe behind a plastic cover

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back