Bleeding tiles

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Any idea as to what is causing this and how to fix it?

Attachments

• 51B3278F-D26A-47CC-8417-BCB624394B8A.jpeg
    51B3278F-D26A-47CC-8417-BCB624394B8A.jpeg
    457.1 KB · Views: 84
Sponsored Links
Is that drip on the left hand side the same stuff? It seems to start in the middle of a small tile.

Sponsored Links
Is it not Limescale?, people using wet hands to grab products off the shelf?.

Bit of the left was just soap.

It’s not Limescale as I don’t get it in this area it seems to be the top of the cut tile bleeding down the wall and it’s very hard to get off

Last edited:
Domestic Washing products bottles wet after use and leaking from the caps as they are stored upside down

Managed to get some off with an old chisel, I think it must be product or some kind, i thought it might be where the tile was cut.
Wierd

It does look like limescale... are they ceramic tiles or stone?

Water splashing over the liquid soaps and after shower the soaps in lids slowly runs down.
To prove my theory put soaps ect in plastic box on shelf for a few weeks. Or you could put bottles in zip locked bags. I think your problem will go away

They are ceramic.

Wierd how soap sets so hard a Brillo pad won’t shift it and I had to use a chisel though?

Clean it all up, move all the bottle off the shelf for a month and see if it comes back.

Soap scum goes hard when mixed with hard water. You in hard water area?
Used baking soda and white vinegar to clean. Look it up.
Also mineral soap can scum up hard. Can remember details but look it up. We get crusty deposits under soap bottle

Thanks folks must be that then, I’m in a very soft water area so never see lime scale.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back