Blind connection of WC to Soil Pipe

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone tell me how to connect a new WC with enclosed sides to a horizontal soil pipe that protrudes from a bulkhead wall panel. I have all the push on fittings but I cannot witness whether the connection has made or not because of the side panels on the WC :!: It is almost impossible to get behind the bulkhead :!: :!: :!:

Sponsored Links
The designers of these toilets certainly didn't consider the installation issues, did they......
Check the connection by measurement, and make sure the soil pipe can't move backwards, really - its about all you can do but make sure the pan connector is in perfect condition.
Those probe cameras can come into their own here, and I guess if there's no sign of any leaks after a few days then you will have got away with it.....usually its best to connect the waste pipe to the loo first, if the job makes this possible.
John :)

what burnerman said. I fitted a back to wall toilet recently in our house and regret getting it over a normal toilet due to faff of installation, althought if everything is measured out correctly then it shouldn't leak.
I'd avoid using a flex connector as shown above if possible.

Sponsored Links
Ref the flexible connection offered by Picasso - no it wouldn't fit - but thanks. The reason I asked the question in the first place is because I don't know what I am doing - that is why I seek the advice of those who do :!:

Sorry revinkevin my response was directed towards jimloskot.

well I pretty sure I know what I'm doing and I definately think its harder to fit a back to wall toilet than a normal one (ie more faff)
There are other disadvantages, ie you can't check to make sure everything is seated properly etc...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back