blind fitting problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone,

I am trying to fit new roller blinds and I'm having problems. My windows are double glazed ones and I'm trying to fit the blind into the recess. When I try to attach the brackets to the top of the recess, I can only drill a very short distance in, I assume there is a metal(?) lintel in the way.

I can only assume that my house isn't that different from other houses, it was only built in the 80s so this must be a problem that many people face I hope.

Does anyone know what I need to do to overcome this?

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
use a steel drill bit then

or

fix a timber batten with a good adhesive like sticks like sh*t (honest thats what its called) then fix to that

other adhesives are available

Thanks for the advice.

The trouble I had with using a steel drill bit was that I needed to attach the brackets right in the corner by the wall and there wasn't room for a normal drill so I ended up using a small craft-type drill that didn't have the power to get through the metal. What we have done now is to fix a wooden batten using screws (since we can use a life-size drill because it doesn't have to be near the corner) and then we'll fix the brackets to this. Hopefully it'll work.

Sponsored Links
The roller blind brackets will also mount sideways and work just the same.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back