Roller blind wrong way

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I had someone fit a blackout roller blind over my bathroom window recess today. Only realised afterwards that it is rolling over and not under as is the norm, Can someone tell me is it easy to change the roll direction?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
It can roll to front or rear but not over or under .Which way depends on the application. To change the brackets sometimes need switching ends, depends on the type .

Note that I have a roller blackout blind fitted backwards, ie you can see the 'roll' at the front facing you.

Did this intentional so.the fabric of the blind is flat flush against window frame to minimise light coming round the sides.

If you reverse the blind you may get more light coming into room.

Sfk

Sponsored Links
Mine has been fitted the opposite to yours ie the roll can’t be seen; the fabric covers it and drapes over it. I want it as yours for the exact reasons you stated.

Thank you

Might be easy to reverse.
On one side, on the hanger that is attached to the wall, there should be a small plastic insert (1cm by 4mm) that locks the roll in place.
Pull this small insert out.

This then allows the roll to pulled out along a slot from that side. The other end then falls out.

Each end of the roll then has a plastic insert. Pull these both out and reverse them (mine is sware on chain side and round on other).

Slot roll back onto handers. And replace plastic insert to lock roll in place.

Sfk

I have sorted it. What I did was I lowered the blind by unrolling all of it and then still carried on turning the chain once it was fully down and what this did was it started rolling the blind back up in the opposite direction. Now when the blind is lowered it rests flush to the recess and not floating over the top letting in light.

Reactions: SFK

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back