Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Heres the facts:

> I wanted to mount my plasma screen onto a dry lined wall
> I cut a channel down the wall
> Sunk some wire trunking into the channel
> Skimmed over
> Once dry, applied one coat of white dulux matt emulsion to the whole wall (as the previous paint was yellow)
> And again two days later

> Decided one more coat would do the job

As i got to the place on the wall which had been skimmed, the paint started to blister and in some places and as i rolled, it peeled off right down to the previous paint.

I tried sanding once it dried, but its no good, so i scraped some off, but only the paint either side of the channel wants to come off along with the bit of plaster under it, so im left with two sections either side of the channel which are yellow and there is a slight step up to the plaster where the channel is!!!

how can i recify this????

Sponsored Links
The problem is your choice of using Dulux Rich Matt on two different surfaces on your one wall.

You explain some of the wall is already an yellow colour and the rest is in new/bare plaster.

Dulux Rich Matt cannot be applied to any bare porous surfaces (Regardless of what others may tell you).

Also Dulux Rich Matt is dodgy when used over an previous coating that has an sheen to it.

Your plaster coming off issue is due to why most plasterers find patching with plaster can be an nightmare. The plaster has came away as the plaster has nothing to stick to. i.e. your previous yellow paint.

Best way to fix full wall is scrape off all loose materials then apply British Gypsum Thistle Bond-It to the wall. Leave for 24 hours to cure. Then apply two coats of multi-finish plaster to the full wall.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back