blistering on an interior wall

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
An area on an interior plaster wall adjoining my neighbour's chimney has a rust coloured patch. I've treated this 2 -3 times with cuprinol damp stop on and painted over it with emulsion but after a few weeks the wall starts to blister again from under the damp stop. Any ideas how I can deal with this?

Sponsored Links
i would guess you would have to remove the plaster, and sww what is causing the patch.

Does it appear more so after it has rained?

The weather doesn't affect it. I have similar patches next to one of my own unused fireplaces they don't blister even though the staining eventually seeps through after using a stain stop. Beneath the plaster that does blister is a stone or brick wall separating my house from my neighbours and adjoining her chimnney. I think we can safely say that her chimney is the cause and impossible to cure so I'm rally looking for a damage mangement strategy.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back