Block and Beam floor DPC courses

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
Just about to lay my B&B flooring and have a query over the DPC courses. The B&B floor will sit on 100mm internal cavity blockwork and I will be installing a DPC course between the B&B beams and the blockwork. The beams will run end to end from supporting wall to supporting wall. The sides will use cut blocks to finish the floor to the side supporting walls.

1. From the photos I have of the original house build, this DPC is not 'bedded in' with any mortar between the B&B beams and the supporting blockwork. Just need to check this.

2. Where I need to use slip bricks to support cut blocks, how do I install the DPC here. I presume this will need bedding in with mortar and should be installed between the slip brick top and the cut down flooring blocks ?

If this is the case, then I would end up with different levels of DPC for the B&B floor, i.e the first level underneath the B&B beams for the ends, and the second level between the slip bricks and cut blocks for the sides. Hope this makes sense.

thanks.

//media.diynot.com/132000_131301_21552_25166174_thumb.jpg

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back