Block Paving Base

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

I have been told this is a good start to a good base for my driveway ?

I have also been told its a joke and a cost saving exercise.

Anybody care to pass an opinion please ?

Thanks

Stoyer

Sponsored Links
Looks fine and they have spaced it out nicely so obviously have some idea what they are doing. Personally but i would space all of the chunks a little more to make sure that the mot will get down into all the crevices.

It is a cost saving exercise of sorts so why is it being done this way? I sometimes do this whenever a site dictates getting rid of material is difficult or if the area was very soft and needed extra excavation and there is rubble on site which needs rid of anyway.

It would certainly seem bonkers if the broken slabs were not from your site.

Hi,

I am having trouble with other areas of the finished job.

I am speaking with other installers, 1 Marshall reg and 1 Bradstone reg who have both said, this is not good and will lead to movement as the slabs start to rock under the mot ?

It has been finished about 18 months - I have small dips where the front wheels of my car are parked, two door coupe so its not a massive car.

Thanks
Stoyer

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back