Block paving or Tarmac

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all , im currently looking in to getting 70sqm of my front garden and old concrete hard standing completely removed and re done in something more permanent , i have been given quotes off one contractor for both tarmac and blockpaving which have both come in at round the same price apart from he wants to charge me an extra £350 more to have tarmac done (by another contractor ) but he would do all the groung work which he says is no different which either toppping we choose
It is my understanding that tarmac is way cheaper than block paving am i right or wrong on this?

Sponsored Links
It is my understanding that tarmac is way cheaper than block paving am i right or wrong on this?
Wrong; the groundwork & base is (or should be) the same whatever you have. I’m looking at 100 sq/m highway spec to be done any time soon & the many quotes I’ve had reflect this. I've generall be quoted the same price or very close for either, tarmac will only be cheaper if it's “paddy” spec.

I also have the benefit of advice from a developer friend to back this up; he still does block paving on all his new properties because that’s what everyone wants but it will look sheite & be high maintenance after 3 years or so; his own 5 year old massive driveway & parking area is testament to this.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back