Blocked basin waste pipe

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys, in the process of installing the basin sink after renovating the bathroom.

I covered the exposed basin waste pipe but it seems some debris has got inside the pipe as it appears to be blocked and draining very very slowly.

Having tried to move the blockage using a auger, no joy, I would have just lifted the floorboards and take the pipe out but its a tiled floor.

My question is, the soil stack is on the outside wall, and both the basin and bath waste pipes connect to it outside ofd the wall, I have attached a very primitive drawing.

Could I disconnect the waste pipe from the soil stack from the outside wall and see if I can clear the blockage that way? If so is this best left to a plumber? any advice much appreciated

cheers

Sponsored Links
yes remove from stack.
depending on how it's secured to stack maybe solvent welded to stack

Would that mean id have to cut it off and attach a new one? never heard of solvent welding

Sponsored Links
OK i think a further inspection is needed in the daylight :)

You have any tips on clearing the blockage? it might be lumps of plaster or tile adhesive so no chemical will dissolve it

only a good old poke with the auger.
or fit new section of pipe if not to awkward.

Took a picture of the fittings outside, does it look liek these are welded or push fit?

no looks like all pushfit. but cause they are external you pull them off and the rubber seals can split and end up getting new anyway.
as for the pipe when it comes out the wall has a screw cap that is for rodding for blockages id unscrew that first.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back