Blocked central heating pipe

Thank you for letting us know , too many just ask for advice get it and move on
Well actually Ian, it was all thanks to you guys that I didn't go ahead and allow HUG to cut a piece of pipe work out, make a mess, have to re-paint etc AND pay them £450 AND STILL HAVE A COLD RADIATOR! So thanks everyone for your fabulous advice which made me doubt it was a blocked pipe!:mrgreen: What makes me really sad is that an elderly, vulnerable person may have just accepted the diagnosis and gone ahead with the work:(

Sponsored Links
I am a member of a 'Sewer Men's' page on a certain social media site, and we see weekly reports of companies going in and ripping off elderly and vulnerable people, often for work that didn't/doesn't need doing. One crew recently wanted a large sum of money to line a drain they were also quoting to dig up and replace....

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW
chemical flush was performed at the time of installation

How long was the system run after chemicals added
How long did it take the company to remove the chemicals and dissolved sludge from the system.

Did you request valve change or the company. If you did then tough. If company did to cure the issue of poor heating rad, then they screwed up.

Sponsored Links
Yes they did do a chemical flush. But am I rightly annoyed that the blooming radiator worked fine before the new boiler was installed and now they want to charge me £450 to change a piece of pipe, never mind the mess and redecorating? What would you expect them to do for you (if anything) as I have absolutely no idea about anything remotely to do with boilers!

Does not have to be a blockage
Poor radiator balancing can have similar effect
TRV and lockshield changed- was the system balanced?

Glad it's sorted, but I've no idea how balancing fixed it if switching all the other rads off it only just got lukewarm at the top. There must have been something else going on eg a bypass opening early.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back