New radiator fitted Today not getting hot?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
C49FF3BA-3C0E-478A-BA90-2BEAF0119ABC.jpeg
Hi everyone I had a new radiator fitted today and considering it’s a double it’s not getting very hot? The top of the radiator is warm all along but the bottom of the radiator is cool all along,
The copper pipe going into TRV is piping hot, but the other copper pipe at the lock shield end is cold? All other radiators In house are piping hot? The TRV is turned maximum not sure what’s wrong any advice or help would be great thank you

Sponsored Links
Is the lockshield valve open fully ?
Remove the TRV head ,see if it makes a difference.
If still no difference ,close off all other rads TRV' s ,and see if new rad gets to full temperature.

Hi thanks for the advice should the return copper pipe be very hot the copper pipe under the lock shield ? Thanks

Yes ,when the radiator is heating up properly. It will only get hot when hot water is flowing freely into ,and out of, the radiator.

Sponsored Links
Ok thanks the copper pipe into the TRV is getting red hot but the copper pipe coming out of the radiator under the lock shield is luke warm? Does that mean anything? Thanks

Indicative of a balancing issue on your central heating system. Is the radiator a new addition to the system ? Or just a replacement for an existing radiator in that location ?

Very likely the system is not balanced.
Follow my instructions in my first post ,and advise the results.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back