Blocked Macerator Outflow pipe(edited!)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Edit: Just found out, after dismantling the Macerator, thinking it was solely a fuse that had gone, that it seems to be pumping fine, and it is the outflow pipe that seems to be blocked, it was clearly stopping pumping with the heat trip switch))

So how can I unblock the outflow pipe? It would appear the plumber put on tight elbow bends on copper pipping, these clearly go up a couple of feet?

End of edit

Just found out my new place has a macerator in the bathroom! It previously made no noise, but recently has been making 'grumbles' (originally, being unaware we had a macerator, thought it was air in the pipes, as came along with showering).
Today it has stopped enitrely, and blocked up shower, sink etc.
Just wondering if there could be any other way of checking it it is just a simple blockage (in which case some easy means of unblocking), or a fatal error.

It is likely that things that should not be put down the loo have been (i.e sanitary ware etc), as we were not aware of the macerator.

Sponsored Links
good luck on clearing that one :LOL: :LOL:

the only way is to remove it, clean out the !!!!!! with a large screwriver or stick, wash out & refit
if it works again happy days if it don't buy a new 1

DO NOT PUT YOUR FINGERS IN IT blades are lethal!

Its not generally considered a very nice job and my advice to callers is to call the service agent.

However, it may be more cost effective to just replace it and then try to work on the old one to keep as a spare. They are a lot nicer when they have completely dried out!

You should not have a macerator if its the only toilet in the property.

Tony

Thanks for the advice, called in pumpmasters. The macerator is ina downstairs toilet, so it needs something in there! Just hope it can be fixed, as just seen they are £500!

Sponsored Links
You can get them for about £200 under their cheaper brand name, turboflush or something similar.

Tony

Edited:

Back to square one, with the outflow pipe blocked, and the macerator apppearing to pump well. Caustic Soda?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back