Blocked Microbore to Loft Conversion Radiator

So after 1:15 of x800 pumping around - I drained the black stuff quite literally- this system has never been cleaned I am guessing or had inhibitor installed.

flushed it a few times and gave up - I’ve opened all the rads bled them and stuck some x100 in for good measure.

Re-pope looks to be the solution but I know I need to run some cleaner through the other rads having seen the colour of the water that came out!!!

Thanks for everyone’s suggestions on this thread but fair to say this blockage is going nowhere! The only other thing is possibly a crushed pipe??? There is probably one area that might happen so will check as this area needs to come up for new pipes anyway!!

total respect for you plumbers - it’s a cruel job when you cannot see the problem! Give me a data network any day!!!

I still think you should change the TRV, they are £5 man! Just change that, and see what happens.

You need to flush out the system few more times to get the x800 out fully.

But change the TRV. for me thats always been the cause.

Sponsored Links
I still think you should change the TRV, they are £5 man! Just change that, and see what happens.

You need to flush out the system few more times to get the x800 out fully.

But change the TRV. for me thats always been the cause.

but if TRV is open would this be the cause? Unless it’s heating up and closing but I’ve also been using without thermostat bit connected so pin fully out.

I’ve fed water though it and it does flow as expected

but if TRV is open would this be the cause? Unless it’s heating up and closing but I’ve also been using without thermostat bit connected so pin fully out.

I’ve fed water though it and it does flow as expected

If hot waters flowing through then it should be ok

Sponsored Links
If you've removed the trv from the end of the pipe and it still doesn't flow from the pipe then i can't think it could be the problem. A pipe is pretty simple technology get the water from a to b, but it can go wrong. If reverse flushing under mains pressure hasn't shifted it then it's a new pipe!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back