Is microbore OK for combi

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi.

I need your expert advice. I am trying to get my old system boiler replaced with a combi. THe problem lies with the radiators. My current system is piped in microbore (8mm copper I think). One heating company has advised (stressed!) that i replace all the microbore pipe and radiators due to the increase in pressure from a combi. Another has said thats not true and the pipe and rads will be fine with just a flush, so that the system is clean for when the combi is installed.

Do i really need 15mm pipe and new radiators??

Sponsored Links
Thanks for your reply gasman1015. So how will they 'tap into' the microbore. Will they just reduce down from 22 to 15 to 8 or will they go 22 to 8mm straight away??

Sponsored Links
They will just connect onto the existing flow and returns before it reduces down.... If you have twin entry rad valves these will need changing to a valve on each side of the rad

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back