Blocking holes in walls

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all,

I would like to block holes in the walls around some of the areas in my house. For example the holes where my boiler exhaust pipe leaves the house and toilet pipes. I mean all around the pipes where the builders have made holes in the walls.

What is the easiest and most cost effective way to do this? Bearing in mind some of the the holes are quite tricky the get to due to obstructions of units.

I have some "postfix" in the garage will this be ok for the job? Is there any foams I could use that would offer a gas tight seal?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Expanding foam will seal your holes and then you can trim off/cut out whatever space is required if you want to have a different finish.

Obviously only for use around a balanced-flue.

I agree, expanding foam is the best option, you can get from most DIY shops.

If you are using where there is a cavity, try and put something (like card) in first, otherwise the foam will just keep filling the cavity and not the hole.

Wait for it to dry and then trim off excess with a sharp knife

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back