Blocking off soil pipe

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
In my bathroom (downstairs in the single storey extension), I have a soil pipe in the ground where the toilet waste goes. Though due to the plumber not really knowing what he was doing, I have a weird bend connecting the toilet to it.
Outside of the extension is a soil pipe that goes into the ground with a vent at the top (soil stack?).
I want to do away with the weird bend and have the toilet on the other wall (which I wanted originally bit due to where the hole in the ground is etc, the cistern would be 12" away from the wall), which means placing it over the soil pipe in the ground, and pushing a pipe through the wall to connect up to the soil stack. I've had plumbers come out and have been quoted £170 and £220 for the job - apparently the materials are going to be £120. Which is weird because I went to Wickes to price up the materials - 92.5 degree soil connector, length of pipe and WC connector came to £35-£40.
So I'm attempting the job myself. What I need to know is, how do I cap off the soil pipe in the ground. One plumber said he was going to use some expanding foam filler in it and then just level it off with sand and cement. Is this the right way to do it?
The only other alternative is to have a box made to fit between the wall and the cistern to use for storage and dirty laundry?

Thanks

Carl

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back