Blocking unsightly lofts in rear garden

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello Folks,

At the rear of garden there are unsightly views of other people's loft. I wonder if there is anything I could erect to block the view. Apart from growing trees, which would take several years to grow. We're doing the shed and the garden make over, but the loft conversions at the backs ruins the view.

Sponsored Links
Building some sort of pergola and privacy screens can help create a more protected feel to an area although it depends on the aspect or it will cast shade over your garden. Pleached trees are the most effectiove but are crazy expensive or if you grow them your self will take many years.

There's also a 6' high limit to fences in your back garden to be aware of. Pics would help.

Sponsored Links
There's also a 6' high limit to fences in your back garden to be aware of. Pics would help.

I attach a photo of the back garden. The new shed is just being built with white walls.

It's the houses at the back and the loft at the left hand side, that spoils the view.

Attachments

• 20160511_084202.jpg
    20160511_084202.jpg
    234.8 KB · Views: 187
If you want anything high then you'll need planning permission or tall plants. I'd go with plants as anything else will likely look more unsightly. Holly? Grows pretty tall and stay leafy. Any plant that fills the gap will take a while, though.

There is no way to acheieve this quickly without very deep pockets. I would try as i mentioned to create a more sheltered private feeling area within the garden perhaps using trellis panels or hedging rather than try and screen off the whole garden Which may make it very dark and prohibitively expensive.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back