Hedge law advice / suggestions

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The house over the back fence to me is on an end plot so has a bit of garden at the side stretching from front of his plot to the back where it abuts my rear garden (corner to corner really)

There three conifers planted in a line halfway down this side plot that have grown high enough they are level with the peak of his roof (30-40ft), in fact they're close enough that one of them is starting to overgrow the guttering.

This hedge is nowhere near any boundary with anyone else, it doesn't block my light as yet, but it does partially block my view. It's not much of a view but I'm in Essex so we have to take we can get :D

I'm tempted to suggest he gets them trimmed down a bit, especially as he's got the guttering downpipe for a row of houses and the trees are overgrowing it, but I think the current occupant is a tenant and would defer to the landlord who might not give a damn.
Do I have any legal recourse should the trees become a real nuisance in the future?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back