Blocks coated in sand after Jet Wash

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We had our driveway jetwashed and re-sanded by our gardener.

We bought kiln dried sand that the gardener requested and they started brushing the sand on while the blocks were still damp from the jet washing.

When I mentioned this he got out the leaf blower and started blowing the sand blaming the fact that some of the bags of kiln dried sand were slightly damp.

The entire block work in the property is now covered in fine sand and there are still gaps in the blocks without sand.

Is this something that will wash off in the rain / blow off in the wind or will we need to get our drive re-jet washed, sanded and sealed properly?

In the past I've always done the jetwashing (without sanding) and am wondering if this is standard for a contractor job with sanding. To be honest I was expecting them to wait 48 hours until it dried out and come back another day.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
I would wait for it to dry as much as possible then take Henry the vacuum out for a stroll around the patio using the brush setting. Chances are it will blow / wash away in the end but that will be quicker. Then get some new dry sand and fill the cracks. Did mine with some "No Grow" sand from Wickes supposed to limit weeds, only a few months ago but so far seems better than the standard stuff. (y)

Seems a bit pointless buying kiln dried sand then trying to brush it in over wet blocks.
Whenever I did mine in my last house I would always wait till the blocks were dry, (even to the extent of using a large blowtorch if time was of the essence to get finished), before brushing in the sand and giving it a light wacker plating to settle it in and adding extra where necessary.
Sounds like they just wanted to do a 'job & finish', and hope you didn't notice.

Sponsored Links
Wait until the blocks are dry then just sweep it in. Most of the sand will drop in to any gaps and you can add more if necessary. It wont need to be washed again.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back