Blocks in floor

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My block and beam floor is now the Bain of my life lol. So we found no insulation in the construction and only 40mm screed over of the block and beams. So now I'm looking at a couple of exposed blocks and they are bigger than the normal block in block and beam. The blocks appear to measure around 21 Inches across and seem very soft. Now am I missing something or is this normal construction or Is this a form of block that doesn't require insulation?

Sponsored Links
yes you can get insulated blocks, some have a weird overlapping feature that go under each beam.

Tetris floor beam system is one example.

OK thanks I just need to know if the blocks in the floor are some sort of insulated block type lol they measure 21inches across by 24Inches they appear to be quite soft as in I can dig a screwdriver into them.

Sponsored Links
It is not an EPS insulated floor like Tetris it'll just be either thermalite type blocks or light concrete.
530mm is the size of a closer block.
If you have AAC blocks your floor will have a u value of around 0.6-0.5

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back