Blockwork Pier Toothing/Tieing?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all,
I am new to these forums. I’ll get straight to my query.

I have had calculations done for three beams.
One UC with two UB’s bolting to it perpendicular from each side (see attached)

I need to build blockwork piers under each end of beam and tooth them into existing walls.

One of the piers I need to tooth in will be very close to a doorway which might not leave many bricks left to tooth in. It might as well be a stand alone pier. At the very top of the door way there’ll be more room to tooth in and they will be three courses of blue brick under the beam. Could I tie in somehow instead of toothing in which will probably leave about 400mm worth of brick still attached to the doorway?

The three beams have been designed to future proof a later extension which will eventually open up the top right corner space for an open plan kitchen/diner

Hopefully someone can make sense of my words and pictures and any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Attachments

• 61020321-f367-4cde-bf8e-4044549b05c7.jpeg
    61020321-f367-4cde-bf8e-4044549b05c7.jpeg
    250.4 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_2542.jpeg
    IMG_2542.jpeg
    135.9 KB · Views: 22
Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back