Bloody Apologists!!

Freddie said:
kendor said:
Freddie said:
But unfortunatley he has a view and is entitled to spout it even though he tries to stifle others
Just a shame he has a closed mind and wont or cant see any other view than his own
This can easily apply to yourself and others on here so don't try tarring me with it alone.
Yes i have my views which differ from yours does that mean i'm stifling anybody? does it mean i have a closed mind, i could say the same for you as you won't open your mind to my views , but hey i don't really care if you do or don't all i know is we are ALL entitled to have a say. it just seems some don't like criticism and then turn nasty.

Sorry Kendor you have missed my point but you werent here at the time so it doesnt matter
Apologies if i have then but could you clarify what point i have missed on the above quote? so i at least know why ive missed it.

Sponsored Links
kendor said:
Freddie said:
kendor said:
Freddie said:
But unfortunatley he has a view and is entitled to spout it even though he tries to stifle others
Just a shame he has a closed mind and wont or cant see any other view than his own
This can easily apply to yourself and others on here so don't try tarring me with it alone.
Yes i have my views which differ from yours does that mean i'm stifling anybody? does it mean i have a closed mind, i could say the same for you as you won't open your mind to my views , but hey i don't really care if you do or don't all i know is we are ALL entitled to have a say. it just seems some don't like criticism and then turn nasty.

Sorry Kendor you have missed my point but you werent here at the time so it doesnt matter
Apologies if i have then but could you clarify what point i have missed on the above quote? so i at least know why ive missed it.

The qoute of you only want to see your view-----..-- is correct from me as that is what i pick up from what you post on here.

But i saw Fwl,s post and then saw Oilman was on so i thoughi would bait him exactly as some have baited Slogger to make a point thats all---but i couldnt get back on afterwards so it all went wrong

It's just in your post that i quoted, you were agreeing with FWL who mentioned my name so i took it that your comment was directed at me hence my post. Is that not the case anymore and that your comment was really aimed at Oilman?

They didnt ask this that or the other--they just went and did what they could and most never come back

Sponsored Links
kendor said:
It's just in your post that i quoted, you were agreeing with FWL who mentioned my name so i took it that your comment was directed at me hence my post. Is that not the case anymore and that your comment was really aimed at Oilman?

Yes because he is one of the main people i refer too in the other thread

Freddie said:
On your veiws though Kendor i will explain---my recently discovered grandfather died in 1930

He served his country for over 25 years in the Navy and Army.

He survived WW1 after being wounded twice once was gas and fought at the Somme and Passhendale and was awarded the Military Medal--so to fight there and survive was an achievment in its own.

When he contracted TB while serving in Ireland they kicked him out to die in Civvy Street with no income--nice !

But people with the views that you have said on here make a mockery of what he did for his country and his friends who died in battle and everybody else.
#
They didnt ask this that or the other--they just went and did what they could and most never come back

Could you imagine how those people may have thought if a group of people came into this country--accepted handouts for years and then attacked the very people who gave them their handouts---but to make it worse some people whenever a voice was raised as to ---stop enough is enough or we have to sort this mess out---or these people have to accept our way of life and join us not form their own little closed communities

Then people like yourself turn around and tell us we are wrong to think like that etc etc etc--as whats been happening here

I personally think my grandad and all those others wasted their time and their lives---what do you think?
where am i making a mockery of it by saying lots of innocent people were killed?
i'm seeing both sides taking heavy casualties, differences in opinion that led to the war don't come into the argument in any way it's the senseless deaths of all involved that's the issue.
you mention your grandad fought for his country and i'm sorry he suffered and eventually died but so did lots of japanese fight for their country, suffer and eventually die. that is the horror of war it's not one sided all who participate or get caught up in it suffer.
In my opinion this is what perpetuates hatred from old squabbles the remembrance ceremonies coupled with pictures of torture, deprivation etc it merely stirs up hatreds that should have been forgotten by now.
What these remebrance ceremonies should be emphasising is the horror of war and those that suffered and lost their lives and left at that, not digging up old bitter disputes.
We are the childrens children of those times now, what have those people of old done to our generation that we should continue to hate? how far does this hatred go before it is forgotten? perhaps the romans did some really horrible things to my great great.........great grandad should i still bear a grudge?

In other words you owe them and for anyone to belittle what they did i personally think is an insult----but i still think they wasted their time and lives

There is a difference in necessary action and that just for political reasons though, if you understand what i mean, if a nation is running roughshod over other countries then you need a united front to stop them.
When i have criticised the use of certain actions or methods used it is my opinion of the result it brings that i find distasteful maybe there was another way? maybe not? but because i find the result distasteful does that make me a liberal hypocrite as suggested? am i saying No action should be used?
im not a politician so wouldn't be able to give solutions to these problems but i do feel that all avenues are not explored sometimes and that certain nations are in a rush to use force. for example in the past it seemed that the americans had been itching to try out their new toy the cruise missile on live targets. so diplomacy took a back seat.

Freddie said:
And as predicted you came straight in i refer you to the thread ---dont cry foul when you lose an argument Oilman

I see you can bring in "other threads" as it suits you. I remember you were having a dig at me for doing the same thing, as according to you I had upset all the posters and ruined the discussions by breaking the rules, when in fact no rule existed.

I also note that while ban-all-sheds had posts removed by what appear to be favouritist moderators as being abusive of slogger, both your and FWL's abuse of kendor is allowed to stand.

As for losing an argument, see AdamW's post in the thread you refer to above.

kendor said:
There is a difference in necessary action and that just for political reasons though, if you understand what i mean, if a nation is running roughshod over other countries then you need a united front to stop them.
When i have criticised the use of certain actions or methods used it is my opinion of the result it brings that i find distasteful maybe there was another way? maybe not? but because i find the result distasteful does that make me a liberal hypocrite as suggested? am i saying No action should be used?
im not a politician so wouldn't be able to give solutions to these problems but i do feel that all avenues are not explored sometimes and that certain nations are in a rush to use force. for example in the past it seemed that the americans had been itching to try out their new toy the cruise missile on live targets. so diplomacy took a back seat.

Well if thats what the Americans were up to i would be solidly behind you.

I am against what we now know as Tony's intervention into Iraq aswell, but i was referring to the attitudes of some when people where on about those who lived here and the japs etc etc, i dont think the Americans dropped the A bombs to see what would happen they already knew that

OK, Kendor, here are some figures for you from the UN for casualties in WWII

Total Killed Per country (Military and Civillian)

United States : 985,876

United Kingdom: 1,451, 329

France: 762,991

Germany: 4,191,220

Poland: 2,141,881 (Estimated Polish Figure of 3,221,900)~*

USSR: 36,991,700 (Unconfirmed estimate)*¬

Japan: 10,554,558

India: 762,998 (Unconfirmed estimate)*

Burma: 1,897,990 (Unconfirmed estimate)*

China: (Period 1931 - 1945) 48,558,400 (Mid-range Estimate)^

Manchuria (Period 1931 - 1945) 18,541,500 (Mid-range Estimate)^

Korea : (1910 - 1945) 5,500,000 (Unconfirmed as Japanese Occupation Forces destroyed local records of Births and Deaths during Occupation)

Rest of Indo China : 7,800,000 (Unconfirmed estimate)*

Indonesia: 2,200,000 (Unconfirmed Estimate)*

Philipines: 6,500,00 (Unconfirmed Estimate)*

Australia: 457,558

New Zealand: 94,554

Canada: 681,554

Combined Total for Scandinavia: 334,887

~* This is the Figure cited by Poland in 1950, however this remains unconfirmed due to extensive loss of accurate records.

*¬ The USSR is known to have suffered in excess of 30 Million Civilian caualties and in excess of 10 Million Military casualties, however accurate figures are impossible to establish.

* Estimate based on Population drop during the period of WWII

^ This is the middle of three estimates that have been cited since 1950. Although accurate population numbers were known, in many cases local records were destroyed making the total number of deaths difficult to establish with an certainty.

These are shocking and staggering figures, especially when you look at the figures for South East Asia and Japan. These figures show exactly how brutal the Japanese campaign of Occupation was, and how they treated the occupied populations.

The list is not complete, it lists over 100 nations who fought or were occupied during the period 1910 - 1945. The reason for these dates is that the Japanese annexed Korea in 1910, and this is when their brutal suppression of others began.

When you look back at historical records, the figures are truly scary. Between 1910 and 1945, more than 500 Million people were killed fighting wars or because of occupations by Beligerant forces.

During this same period, the Population of the planet hardly changed. In 1910, the planet human population was estimated at 1.75 Billion, and it continued to steadily grow by about 200 Million per decade until 1950. However this figure hides the fact that the population should have grown by more than 540 Million (as an average) per decade over this same period.

The interesting fact is that In Europe, China and parts of South East Asia, the population fell by nearly 21% in some cases, but average 11.8% in most.

Perhaps now you understand why the Japanese got off light and why they need to be held account for actions and crimes committed in living memory.

ah china will be there judge and jury m8ty wait and see

as soon as they make enougth of them floating thingymejigs ( boats ) they will have taiwan

next stop china and we ( usa ) wont help how can we ? would we ( usa ) risk a nuclear exchage for the japs ? no chance they are going to be paying a heavy price

this scenario would be put into practice a lot faster if and when the yanks go into iran as they would be sorta busy

Sponsored Links